You only have once chance to make a good impression and your website’s design may be hurting your chances of getting new customers. Take a look at your site and ask yourself some crucial questions. Be honest with your answers.
- When was the last time you updated your website design?
- Does your website look like the teenager next door designed it?
- Does your website look updated and fresh or old and tired?
- Are the graphics crisp and new?
- Is the content easy to read or just big blocks of text?
- Does your logo look modern or old?
- Are you still offering the products and services listed?
- Can you read the content on a mobile phone or tablet?
- Is it easy to navigate?
- Is your site Secure?
If it’s been more than a couple of years since you updated your website, your site may be costing you business. You are not alone. A poorly designed and outdated website is a huge problem for businesses in all industries.
If you own a business, your website’s design can be a critical factor keeping you from increasing revenue. Like it or not, your potential customers are visiting your website to learn more about your business. And they are not just looking at your site on a PC. They are checking out your business on their phone or tablet and looking at your social media presence.
Potential Customers Are Judging Your Business By Your Website Presence
Think about it this way, if you have to decide between using the services of one of two businesses, which of the following would you choose?
Business One: Has been in business for many years and their website looks like it. The graphics are old. The design style is clearly from 2007. The content obviously hasn’t been rewritten since it was put on the web. The pictures are old and blurry. You have to hunt around determine if they have the answers you are looking for or to find the phone number to contact them.
Business Two: You aren’t really sure how long the business has been around but the website looks inviting and provides all the information you need close at hand. You see the phone number at the top of the page, the images are clearly from the present and the descriptions of products and services are easy to digest. It’s easy to navigate through the site and it looks really good on your smartphone.
It seems like a no-brainer to me. I’d choose business two. The impression it makes is fresh and contemporary and up-to-date.
Your Website Is The Face Of Your Business
You have a matter of seconds to make an impact on your potential customers and keep them engaged. Most websites don’t do a very good job of this and lose sales as a result. Your website needs to:
- Establish credibility
- Convey your message and what you stand for
- Provide solutions to the challenges your prospects are facing
- Show social proof in the form of testimonials and recommendations
- Move your prospects to the next step in the sales process
Your Website Is Your Information Hub
The easiest way to lose a sale is by not giving your potential customers information about your business. Your website needs to:
- Be responsive – easy to search and view on a mobile device
- Provide basic information that easy to find – phone number, address, location, hours of operation, map, who to contact, etc.
- Describes the services you offer
- Be easy to navigate
- Connects to your social media presence
Your Website Is The Key To Getting Found
It’s not enough to just look good, you site must be optimized to be found by the search engines. Every element of your website needs to be precisely configured. The standards for getting found change frequently and your site must be updated on a regular basis or you will be left behind. A few factors that need to be considered include:
- SSL Certificate
- Mobile friendly pages
- Optimized pages for SEO (meta info, layout, etc.)
- Internal and external links
- LSI keywords
- Social media integration and sharing
In today’s changing environment and growing digital presence, great web design can make or break your business. We can make your web design work for you, not against you, so you stand out from your competition. Contact us to get started!